MLK Community Pool & Community Center
- Recent News
- More Information
- Updated Parks
Monday, September 08, 2014
The Key West City Commission and the Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee were joined by the community recently in a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand reopening of the Willie Ward and Nelson English Parks. The tw...
- Conch Pride
Friday, May 23, 2014
The Key West City Commission this week commended the Key West High School Baseball Team by naming May 20th Key West High School 2014 Baseball Team Day.
- Girls Softball Team Honored
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
After traveling nearly 4,000 miles during the 20013 season, the Key West Lady Conchs 8/9U Softball Travel Team ranked 9th in the nation. On Tuesday, Mayor Craig Cates and Commissioner Teri Johnston proclaimed February 6th as Key West La...
COMMUNITY POOL SUMMER SCHEDULE
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
300 Catherine Street
Monday through Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12 noon
|12:00 noon - 1 p.m.
||Adult Swim and Water Exercise
|1:00 p.m. - 5:45 pm
|5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
||Lap Swim and Water Exercise
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
| 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
|| Open Swim
| 12 noon - 1:00 p.m.
|| Adult Swim and Water Exercise
1:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Water Exercise for Adults
12 noon - Tuesday through Friday
5:45 p.m. - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
*All young non-trained children must have approved swim pants, plastic pants or snug swimwear
The first class is free to see if you like it; then the monthly fee is $20
For Short term: $5.00 a class after the first time
- Lifeguard in charge at all times - stop when whistle is blown
- No hyperventilation or extended underwater swimming is allowed
- Shower before entering the pool. The shower on the pool deck is for rinsing off after swimming. Take soap shower downstairs before entering pool.
- You are responsible for your belongings. Leave your valuables at home.
- Always walk. No pushing allowed or horseplay on the pool deck.
- No foul language.
- Water in a clear, plastic container is allowed. No other food or drink allowed on the deck.
- No street clothes on the pool deck, except for parents watching children.
- No cut-offs, thong bathing suits or topless ladies.
- No changing of clothes on the pool deck.
- No suntan oil is allowed. Please apply sunscreen at home or if applied here, rub it in well and wait 10 minutes before entering pool.
- No open sores allowed. Please do not enter pool if you are bleeding.
- Children under the age of 5 must have adult supervision all times.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow area.
- All swimmers under the age of 16 must pass a swim test to be able to use the deep end.
- The pool furnishes dive rings and ball. Do not bring other toys to the pool.
- No floats or fins allowed. Baby floats equipped with seats are permitted.
- Babies are not allowed to swim in the nude or wear disposable diapers.
- Diving is allowed in the 10-foot are only. Only front dives such as cannonballs and jackknifes are permitted. No flips, twists, or back dives.
- No chicken fighting or any contact with the neck area.
- Do not hang on the ropes or the basketball rim.
- There should be no wrestling within the marked shallow area.
- Please do not let your children run in the baby pool or climb on the fence.
Personal radios with headphones allowed. No other radios allowed.
*Lightning: When the lifeguard detects lightning, they will give 3 loud whistles. Gather your belongings and immediately exit the pool deck. The pool is the highest body of water; it is very dangerous to stand on the pool deck during lightning*
The Dr. Martin Luther King Community Pool houses two pools. One baby pool and a standard swimming pool. Also housed at 300 Catherine Street is the Willie Ward Park which has a small playground and picnic tables along with the Nelson English Park which has basketball courts, a playground and open space for picnics.