MLK Community Pool & Community Center
- Recent News
- More Information
- City of Key West Sightseeing Franchise Input
Tuesday, October 07, 2014
- Updated Parks
Monday, September 08, 2014
The Key West City Commission and the Bahama Village Redevelopment Advisory Committee were joined by the community recently in a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the grand reopening of the Willie Ward and Nelson English Parks. The two parks...
COMMUNITY POOL SUMMER SCHEDULE
OPEN 5 DAYS A WEEK
300 Catherine Street
CLOSED SUNDAY AND MONDAY
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12 noon
|12:00 noon - 1 p.m.
||Adult Swim and Water Exercise
|1:00 p.m. - 5:45 pm
|5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
||Lap Swim and Water Exercise
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
| 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
|| Open Swim
| 12 noon - 1:00 p.m.
|| Adult Swim and Water Exercise
1:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Water Exercise for Adults
12 noon - Tuesday through Friday
5:45 p.m. - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
*All young non-trained children must have approved swim pants, plastic pants or snug swimwear
The first class is free to see if you like it; then the monthly fee is $20
For Short term: $5.00 a class after the first time
- Lifeguard in charge at all times - stop when whistle is blown
- No hyperventilation or extended underwater swimming is allowed
- Shower before entering the pool. The shower on the pool deck is for rinsing off after swimming. Take soap shower downstairs before entering pool.
- You are responsible for your belongings. Leave your valuables at home.
- Always walk. No pushing allowed or horseplay on the pool deck.
- No foul language.
- Water in a clear, plastic container is allowed. No other food or drink allowed on the deck.
- No street clothes on the pool deck, except for parents watching children.
- No cut-offs, thong bathing suits or topless ladies.
- No changing of clothes on the pool deck.
- No suntan oil is allowed. Please apply sunscreen at home or if applied here, rub it in well and wait 10 minutes before entering pool.
- No open sores allowed. Please do not enter pool if you are bleeding.
- Children under the age of 5 must have adult supervision all times.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow area.
- All swimmers under the age of 16 must pass a swim test to be able to use the deep end.
- The pool furnishes dive rings and ball. Do not bring other toys to the pool.
- No floats or fins allowed. Baby floats equipped with seats are permitted.
- Babies are not allowed to swim in the nude or wear disposable diapers.
- Diving is allowed in the 10-foot are only. Only front dives such as cannonballs and jackknifes are permitted. No flips, twists, or back dives.
- No chicken fighting or any contact with the neck area.
- Do not hang on the ropes or the basketball rim.
- There should be no wrestling within the marked shallow area.
- Please do not let your children run in the baby pool or climb on the fence.
Personal radios with headphones allowed. No other radios allowed.
*Lightning: When the lifeguard detects lightning, they will give 3 loud whistles. Gather your belongings and immediately exit the pool deck. The pool is the highest body of water; it is very dangerous to stand on the pool deck during lightning*
The Dr. Martin Luther King Community Pool houses two pools. One baby pool and a standard swimming pool. Also housed at 300 Catherine Street is the Willie Ward Park which has a small playground and picnic tables along with the Nelson English Park which has basketball courts, a playground and open space for picnics.